Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Gospel Reminder

I received an email today from a friend, Dave McCarty. Some people are preachers, some evangelists, and others leaders, exhorters and motivators. Dave is a gospel reminder. And I am thankful for him and his ministry of reminding me of my need for Jesus.  In his most recent email "reminder," he writes:
"Only the deeply wounded who realize their woundedness, those with a deep sense of failure, can deeply appreciate The Healer... and can experience the ecstasy of His unconditional love, to the point where everything else in this world, pales by comparison. The gift of... His presence is incomparable to the hurting, the needy, the loser, the nobody, the dysfunctional, who is self-aware. The work of the Spirit is to make us self-aware."
This "reminder" reminded me of how spiritually blind I am most of the time. So UNaware of my need, because I am always trying to be strong, able, mature and self-protective... and therefore, I am UNaware of the grace, love and spiritual power that is available to me in the gospel. And so my prayer today is that I would be freshly aware of my woundedness, failure, weakness and need, so that I would find, cherish, and enjoy Jesus as my all-sufficient Savior, Healer, and Lover of my soul. 

No comments: