Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Filing for Bankruptcy

Personal and commercial bankruptcies are increasing at a record setting pace. However, in the words of Jerry Bridges, "As devestating as permanent bankruptcy is, there is a bright side. The beleaguered businessman is free." His debts have been cancelled. The calls from the creditors have been silenced. "This businessman may be humiliated, but at least he is free." The gospel tells me that Jesus came for folks who were ready to file bankruptcy—not financially, but spiritually. And so I'm filing moral and spiritual bankruptcy today, so that I can be reminded that the law's condemnation has been silenced. Jesus has settled the debt. I am free.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing a reflective post, Mckay. It's good to hear that you chose to see the brighter side of everything, especially bankruptcy. I know it was a tough decision filing for it. If I may ask, did you consider other options before filing? I know this advice is a little late, but it would be best to know the pros and cons of filing for bankruptcy or consider other alternatives.

Jaden Allred